The following are some notes I took today in church. I hope that they can be a blessing to you or someone else. Enjoy!
- There are times when we ask God why certain things aren’t happening our lives. One reason is because we don’t do the everyday things that are necessary to bring forth the blessings. Some of these things include praying, fasting, studying the Bible, and living a Godly lifestyle, just to name a few.
- There is no promotion in life when you simply do what is expected. Just like on a regular job, you must go above and beyond the call of duty to advance. The same thing goes for spiritual promotion. You must dig in deep to experience the full blessings and benefits of walking with God.
- God has anointed you for every challenge that you will ever face in life. When you’re at work, ask God to anoint your mind to come up with creative ideas and strategies to complete whatever assignment comes your way. Ask for Him to give you wisdom on how to deal with every person and situation you come across on that day. Ask for him to give you the grace to handle everything, no matter how difficult it may seem. You should never do anything in your own strength.
- God has granted you with a specific assignment in life that no one else on this earth can complete. You have an assignment on your job, in your ministry, and with your family and friends. Don’t let Satan provoke you out of your assignment.
- Satan will often trick you into thinking that doing things God’s way will take a long time to complete. It only takes a long time when you’re not on the same page with Him. Remember that it was only suppose to take 11 days for the Israelites to reach the Promised Land in the book of Deuteronomy. Because they didn’t obey God, it took them 40 years to reach their destination.
- Don’t be afraid to allow God to deal with those sensitive areas of your heart in prayer. Prayer isn’t a time to just ask God for what you want. Prayer is a time where you come to God in reverence to talk with him about what is going on in your life.